Working together with local communities and municipal, provincial and national governments, Natura International is dedicated to promoting the creation of new protected areas in Latin America where biodiversity is most threatened.
Why give to Natura?
- By working closely with local governments and communities to create protected areas, and by strengthening the capacity of in-country conservation groups, Natura’s approach ensures long-term guardianship of these vital ecosystems.
- Working on the ground to legally designate new protected areas is very cost-effective — with local support the cost of creating and maintaining protected spaces is around $10/acre.
- On average 90% of Natura’s budget goes directly to our conservation programs. Key donors provide the funds to cover our operational costs, so 100% of your donation goes to the field.
Why is your support so critical right now?
- Latin America’s rainforests and habitat areas — some of the most pristine and biodiverse in the world — are threatened as never before by mining, ranching, and commercial activities.
- Right now, we have unprecedented support from regional governments and local stakeholders requesting to protect hundreds of thousands of acres of habitat.
- Our work is critical in the global fight against climate change, with the potential to keep hundreds of thousands of tons of carbon in storage and support fragile regional ecosystems.
Make a secure online donation via PayPal now (no account necessary).
Donate by Mail
Please make your check or money order payable to Natura International, and mail your contribution to:
1567 44th St NW
Washington DC 20007
Other Ways to Give
If you are interested in stock donations, wire transfers or are considering a bequest, please contact us at:
Tel: +1 (202) 333-1044
Natura International is a 501c(3) charitable organization to which gifts are tax-deductible in the U.S. Our EIN: 31-1667319.